The airport shuttle's trailer happens to be tailor-made for transporting bicycle boxes
Van januari t/m april 2015 fietsen Liesbeth en Annemarie (aka LenA) door Nieuw-Zeeland en Australiƫ.
woensdag 7 januari 2015
Proper Behaviour
We knew beforehand that our bicycles and camping gear would be inspected thoroughly upon arrival. The foreign germs and seeds that New Zealand is trying to keep out of their ecosystem apparently like to travel on bike tyres and tent pegs. The health hazard inspector not only checked our tyres but even flipped over the bikes to inspect the splash-boards' insides and any hidden spots under the saddles. Nothing to be found. "Do you carry bike shoes?", she asks. Yes, I admit, but I've cleaned them well. Nevertheless she would like to see them. So I open my pannier and a strong gasoline smell is coming out while I am handing over my bike shoes. We use gasoline for cooking. The fuel bottle in my bag is empty but I didn't think of cleaning it and the stench is overwhelming. I'm quite embarrassed but the lady is delighted: "Wow, I can smell turpentine, you have cleaned very well indeed. I am happy!" No need to further disclose our luggage. We are happy!
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)

Was she really that naive, or was she giving you a break?
BeantwoordenVerwijderenHit the road, Girls! Have fun.
Janine